Its been eight days since my last period

Patient : Its been eight days since my last period.. It was normal. But since last month my breast would feel heavy and be sore and my belly would look swollen. And they symptoms have reappeared. Why is this happening?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Since you have not missed a period and got it on time and lasted for many days, we do n ot have to think in terms of pregnancy. The symptoms could be due to premenstrual syndrome or even a hormonal change in the body. Sometimes even at ovulation women may experience the symptoms. In case you were on any birth control or progesterone supplements, they can also cause them. For now there is nothing much that you need to worry about. Hope this helped. Regards