Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Its been three month scene my last menstrual?

Its been three month scene my last menstrual?

Patient: If its been 3 months scene my last menstrual and i took a at home pregnancy test could i still get a false negative

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the pregnancy.Kindly see a gynecologist and get an examination, a scan would help in detecting pr egnancy and also check if there are any causes of uterine or ovarian pathology to cause this missed periods. In the case of no pregnancy, you will need medications for withdrawal bleeding and a thorough investigation to rule out polycystic ovaries, thyroid changes, stress, hormonal imbalance, anemia, etc as causes for missed periods.Hope this helped.Regards