IUI and/or IVF sperm transport

Patient

Q: Hello Doctor - My husband is in India and I am in the united states, due to visa restrictions he cannot travel to US. I am working there in the United States and I cannot travel to India often enough. Now the problem is we are trying to raise a family, however funny it may sound, is there a way to transport frozen sperms from India to the United States with the hope of conceiving through IUI procedure or IVF?

Doctor

Although the sperm sample frozen can be kept for use as long as many years, or even 6 months which they generally do, it is not acceptable by law to transport the sample from one country to another for an IUI. It is definitely a complicated process and involves a lot of legal issues and approval. Hence, the best thing would be to have each other by your side for a good number of days and can try to conceive with ovulation induction.
Hope this helped.