Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > IUI and/or IVF sperm transport

IUI and/or IVF sperm transport

Patient: Hello Doctor – My husband is in India and I am in the united states, due to visa restrictions he cannot travel to US. I am working there in the United States and I cannot travel to India often enough. Now the problem is we are trying to raise a family, however funny it may sound, is there a way to transport frozen sperms from India to the United States with the hope of conceiving through IUI procedure or IVF?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Although the sperm sample frozen can be kept for use as long as many years, or even 6 m onths which they generally do, it is not acceptable by law to transport the sample from one country to another for an IUI. It is definitely a complicated process and involves a lot of legal issues and approval. Hence, the best thing would be to have each other by your side for a good number of days and can try to conceive with ovulation induction.Hope this helped.Regards