I've always had tonsil issues They're either infected, enlarged or

Patient : I've always had tonsil issues. They're either infected, enlarged or bleeding. My physician keeps prescribing amoxicillin and cefdinir for the condition. Neither of these medications seem to help. I've been to the doctor at least 7-8 times alone for this issue. I have been diagnosed with tonsillitis or a sinus infection most of those timesIt gets so bad sometimes I have trouble swallowing or they ache constantly. Recently, I've started getting tonsiloliths very frequently. And I have moderately normal dental hygiene.
I've always had tonsil issu...-1
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. You seem to be suffering from Chronic Tonsillo Pharyngitis. At your age, it is common to get frequent infections of Tonsills. However, the problem subsides with age. In case of acute infection of tonsills, one would require to take antibiotics as prescribed during the episode. To prevent these infections again and again, i advise following: 1. To do warm saline gargles on daily basis. Do them 2-3 times a day, even if you have no acute issues. 2. To eat more of fruits, green leafy vegetables to boost up immunity. 3. Avoid drinking cold water. 4. Avoid outside food. 5. Get your blood sugar tested. As your age would advance, you will tend to get lesser infections again and again. There are no special medicines used to prevent infections. Mostly we advise in such scenario to do activities that boost your immunity. Share my opinion with your doctor. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy.