I've been battling a cold sinus infection for about four

Q: I've been battling a cold sinus infection for about four weeks now I've taken every cold medicine for the counter and I'm on a inhaler now my face is swelling and my body is swelling and retaining water what is going on

A:   Hello
Thank you posting your query on “Ask the Doctor”

Sometimes plain anti-cold preparations may not help if an infection has set in.
Steam inhalation will help you more.
You should try inhaling hot and humid air and avoid direct exposure to cool air. You are advised to always bath with hot water and use hot water for face wash.
Allergies and viral infections are commonly leading to sinusitis.
It is always better to consult doctor and take medicines for personal safety and to avoid contraindicated drugs along with side effects.

For now you may require treatment with antibiotics, antiallergics, decongestants, painkillers, mucolytics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
For getting prescription of these medicines, you are advised to consult your Doctor.

Wish you a good health.