Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’ve been consuming about 300 calories a day for about

I’ve been consuming about 300 calories a day for about

Patient: I’ve been consuming about 300 calories a day for about a month. If I increase my caloric intake to around 1,000 calories a day will I be able to maintain the weight I am at currently?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I do not know your current weight to advise you about this. The factors that determine o ur basal metabolic rate are:AgeSexWeightHeightLevel of activityBased on that, the BMR should match the calorie intake for you to not gain weight. Hope you understand this. Do write back with all the details and I will be happy to help you.All the best.