I've been coughing non stop I have a lot of mucous,

Patient

Q: I've been coughing non stop I have allot of mucous, my throat is starting to hurt really bad and I don't know how to get rid of it. What is the best and fastest way.

Doctor

Looks like you have developed a viral cough or even an allergic bronchitis which causes a lot of sputum or expectoration, hurting the throat as well.Consult a physician and get an examination done to rule out the above causes. The doctor may have to start you on antibiotics, antihistaminics and decongestant cough syrup as well. Meanwhile, warm saline gargles for 3 to 4 times day would help in providing relief to the throat. Chewing of lozenges with ginger and lime could make you feel better. Avoid smoking and alcohol and drink warm water. Avoid chilled beverages and avoid all the things that you may be allergic to, for ex, dust, mites, pet animals, pollen, fumes, etc.Steam inhalations may also help. Drink plenty of water daily.

Hope this helped.