I’ve been dealing with Sharp and throbbing pain in my calf

Patient: I’ve been dealing with Sharp and throbbing pain in my calf after exercise. It even appears after walking sometimes, I looked it up on the Internet and it looks like it’s a calf strain. I’ve been pushing myself extra hard this week in Physical Activities due to Jrotc and after school activities. I’m just trying to see what it is. I know all I can do is compression and ice and heat and elevate. I need your assistance please. It is in my right calf. Today it got to the point where my leg could not support my weight and I had to sit. I was balling with tears. The pain after exercise would be a 9 out of 10 in pain and when at rest would be a 1 out of 10. (Walking not included.) I’ve experienced a calf injury months ago but I went to the doctor and was never properly diagnosed.

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.You seem to be suffering from Muscle Cramps.Most common causes are:1. Electrolyte Imbalances2. Calcium and Vitamin D deficiency3. Levocarnitine deficiency.4. Intermittent ClaudicationYou would require a Doppler of leg done to rule out any atheromatous plaques. Also, he will get your serum electrolytes, Calcium and Vitamin D levels.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy