Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’ve been diagnosed with endometriosis I’ve had for over a

I’ve been diagnosed with endometriosis I’ve had for over a

Patient: I’ve been diagnosed with endometriosis I’ve had for over a year. What can I do to help the pain while waiting for surgery? And how bad will it be being left this long?

Symptoms: Endometriosis

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.The treatment options of endometriosis depends on the sever ity of the symptoms and the extent of the tissue involvement.If endometriosis involvement is minimal with mild symptoms or during waiting period of surgery pain can be dealt with analgesics like NSAIDs to relieve the pain and hormonal therapy to shrink the tissue.By doing ultrasound the extent of endometriosis can be identified and treatment can be planned accordingly.Take care.