I've been doing football and running each week and I'm

Patient : I've been doing football and running each week and I'm aged 16, but I have been experiencing a burning pain in the quadriceps which after the sport hurt to touch, I would please like some feedback on the best thing to do.
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. You may be suffering from DOMS. DOMS stands for delayed onset of Muscle soreness. DOMS o ccurs when you do an exercise that you are not accustomed to. This will cause the type of pain you are describing. DOMS usually take 3 to 5 days to recover. Here are things you can do to help: Massage Icing Heating the muscles Stretching Paracetamol/Ibuprofen 4 times a day If you do not feel better after 5 days, please see a Doctor. Wishing you the best.