Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’ve been excessively burping all day I had a bit

I’ve been excessively burping all day I had a bit

Patient: I’ve been excessively burping all day. I had a bit I of dizziness.after a bowel movement dizziness way gone. But burping all day since last night. Not much of an appetite today. Should I be concerned? What could it be? And how do I fix it? Thank you

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think you have gastritis or gastric infection of the stomach. This is what will cause the problems that you are talking about. You can try taking 20 ml of Pepto-Bismol 3 times a day to help you. The Pepto-bismol has antacids that control the gastritis.If you do not feel better in 3 days, please see a Doctor and get help. All the best. Get well soon.