Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’ve been experiencing vaginal bleeding since this morning I

I’ve been experiencing vaginal bleeding since this morning I

Patient: I’ve been experiencing vaginal bleeding since this morning. I had sex early Saturday morning and I’m not supposed to get my period for about 4 or 5 days. Is this menstrual bleending or implantation bleeding?

Symptoms: Vaginal bleeding, lower abdominal cramps

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD,This may be just an early start of menses after sex unless you are expecting c hances for pregnancy due to sex on saturday. Usually implantation bleed is seed after 5-7 days of intercourse and hence the vaginal bleed is more likely to be your menses. However you may perform the serum beta hcg test to rule out pregnancy after implantation just to allay your associated anxiety.I hope I have answered your querying detail,Wishing you good health,Regards