Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’ve been extremely fatigued lately, just to tired to do

I’ve been extremely fatigued lately, just to tired to do

Patient: I’ve been extremely fatigued lately, just to tired to do anything no matter how much sleep I get. It is accompanied by green covered stools, as well as trouble recalling things and also my grades have dropped dramaticly because of this. I don’t know what to do. My mother believes I may be anemic or iron deficient but I looked up somethings and I think it maybe Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) or Diabetes. I don’t know, I really need help.

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern.It seems you are suffering from Acid Peptic Disease ass ociated with Irritable Bowel syndrome.However you should get evaluated for all possible causes of loose stools like Thyroid Profile,Fasting Blood Sugar,Stool routine and Microscopy, Ultrasound Abdomen.If everything is normal, then you are probably suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome.I would advise in such scenario to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone. You should take a take soft, bland diet. You can take Smooth Muscle Relaxant like Mebeverine for stomach pain. We also use drugs like chlordiazepoxide and clidinium bromide are used in refractory cases.However this is also important to rule out Inflammatory bowel disease in such cases.So, get examined by your doctor. If he feels, he will get your colonoscopy done.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy