I've been feeling sick for a while Today. I had shooting abdomen pain.

Q: I've been feeling sick for a while. Today I had shooting pains through my abdomen and a deep ache in my pelvis. My stomach is slightly swollen and I have a headache and dizziness. Everyday I feel sick but neer actually through up and have trouble sleeping. I had my last period on the 18th and do not use birth control. What's wrong?

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

We understand your concern.
Such pain abdomen can be due to any of the following reasons:
1. Acid reflux
2. Stone in the renal tract
3. Colitis
4. Pelvic Inflammatory disease
In such scenario, you should see your doctor and get an Ultrasound abdomen done to rule out stones and other possibilities.
Till you get the Ultrasound done, you can take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone for Acid Reflux.
For relief from pain, you can take Tab Drotaverine.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.