I've been feeling very depressed for the past two years

Patient

Q: I've been feeling very depressed for the past two years and I have one anxiety attack a week and I have turned to self harm and I won't see my gp so wwhat should I do and how bad is my depression

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

If you have started self-harm, the depression is very serious. If you do not want to meet your GP, then you should see another Doctor. The Doctor will help you and treat you.

If you do not want to see the Doctor at all, please start talking to friends and family members and take them along to see a Doctor.

This should help you. All the best.