I’ve been feeling very weak lately after a drink

Patient: I’ve been feeling very weak lately after a drink, I’ve also noticed my skin turning yellow after a period of time I was in the hospital about a year ago but they couldn’t find the problem. My intestines had swollen and I had a fever of 104

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.What you are describing seems to be cirrhosis of the liver due to excessive alcohol. Th e cirrhosis of the liver occurs because the liver is damaged by consuming alcohol, but it does not grow back in a normal way. Instead, the liver will grow back with some inflammation and fibrosis.The fibrosis will increase the hypertension in the portal veins. The hepatic portal veins carry blood from the intestine to the liver. When there is cirrhosis, the pressure in this whole system increases and this causes the pain that you are experiencing.Treatment of the fluid buildup is to remove it by using a drain. This can only be done by a Doctor.Talk to a Doctor to get the appropriate treatment. I hope this helps you. All the best.