Ive been fired from jobs because i cant stay focussed

Patient: Hi, My name is James ive been fired from a few different jobs over the past few years because of my inability to stay focused and concentrated on my job, and i always got in trouble because i have a hard time remembering something someone just told me. So, whats wrong with me and how can i fix it? Also, how can i do that when im completely broke and with no insurance? Pls help, thanks for your time.

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.Since you are getting job loss due to these issues, th en in any case these issues requires evaluation for it’s various causes. The most common causes of forgetfulness and memory issues are:1. Alcohol and smoking2. Drugs/Medications including simply the cold medicines.3. Anxiety and Depression.4. Frontal lobe defects5. Thyroid issues.6. Neurological issues like Early Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s Disease.You should not consume any alcohol in case you are taking. Just reverse back your history and ask your parents if ever in your life, you have received any injections/ tablets for long term for vomitings. If yes, you might have got Drug (Metoclopramide) induced Parkinson’s disease. You should also check in case you are taking any medicine for any purpose including multivitamins.If you are taking any then, you might require reconsideration.Share my opinion with your doctor. I am sure he/she will agree to this.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy