Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’ve been getting busy and forgetting things these past two

I’ve been getting busy and forgetting things these past two

Patient: I’ve been getting busy and forgetting things these past two days. Today when I got home I looked in my underwear and there is a little blood but this blood was different from my period It was much more watery and I’ve already had my period this month. I’ve had a dizzy spell’s before but not this frequent

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Intermenstrual spotting can be seen due to causes like duri ng ovulation or in other days due to gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal imbalance, side effects of the hormonal contraceptive methods, pelvic inflammatory disease presenting with cervical erosion etc, post-coital bleeding, in case of pregnancy implantation bleeding etc.Dizziness can occur due to causes like anemia, altered blood sugar levels etc.If the spotting persists or repeats better to consult gynecologist once and get evaluated.By clinical examination and by investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, prolactin levels, hemoglobin and blood sugar levels estimation etc the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Take care.