I've been having a rather annoying sensation in my throat

Patient : I've been having a rather annoying sensation in my throat. It feels as though I may have food stuck in it. More towards my right side. I've noticed my diet has been poor and I have had heartburn. I'm not too sure what is causing this feeling but it isn't pleasant. Everytime I swallow spit, it feels as though it just rushes down straight to my stomach, flying by my throat. I've tried drinking plenty of water as I've seen the back of my tongue rather white and occasionally some food particles do come up but I'm not all too sure that it is food lodged in my throat. This sensation has been persistent for about a week now with no pain.
Symptoms:  Feeling of food stuck in throat, occasional dry throat.