Ive been having abdominal pain for 2 days now, but

Patient: Ive been having abdominal pain for 2 days now, but getting worse today. I have had a serious bout of acute pancreatitis before and spent a month in the hospital. It isn’t hurting as bad as that, but i think it may soon. Should I go to the ER? My bowl movements have had clear mucus a couple times and just nasty light brown others. Do you think it is pancreatitis again, and should I be worried? I quit drinking on 4/8/14

Symptoms: Abdominal/chest pain

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Your providing details about the pain would have helped me to comment better.If the p ain is in the upper abdomen, referred to the back, increases on eating or drinking something it may be due to pancreatitis.Since there is also a history of clear mucus a couple times and just nasty light brown in stool may give the differential diagnosis of colitis.I would advise you to rush to the ER for the following reasons:- you will get appropriate blood tests of amylase and lipase.Ultrasonography / CT scan to confirm about pancreatitis.Stool tests also will help.Further treatment will depend upon the clinical diagnosis, investigations, your clinical presentations, vitals and so on.I hope this answer helps you.