Ive been having abdominal pain for 2 days now, but

Q: Ive been having abdominal pain for 2 days now, but getting worse today. I have had a serious bout of acute pancreatitis before and spent a month in the hospital. It isn't hurting as bad as that, but i think it may soon. Should I go to the ER? My bowl movements have had clear mucus a couple times and just nasty light brown others. Do you think it is pancreatitis again, and should I be worried? I quit drinking on 4/8/14

Symptoms:  Abdominal/chest pain

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Your providing details about the pain would have helped me to comment better.
If the pain is in the upper abdomen, referred to the back, increases on eating or drinking something it may be due to pancreatitis.
Since there is also a history of clear mucus a couple times and just nasty light brown in stool may give the differential diagnosis of colitis.

I would advise you to rush to the ER for the following reasons:
- you will get appropriate blood tests of amylase and lipase.
Ultrasonography / CT scan to confirm about pancreatitis.
Stool tests also will help.

Further treatment will depend upon the clinical diagnosis, investigations, your clinical presentations, vitals and so on.

I hope this answer helps you.