I've been having lots of bloating and gaz since a

Patient

Q: I've been having lots of bloating and gaz since a few weeks (even though I'm bloated in general) and I don't know what could be causing it, it is very uncomfortable, though not painful. I exercise regularly and eat a balanced diet with all food groups. What can I do to investigate the cause of the excess bloating and gaz? The only medication I am taking is Curacne since january, and I took my last pill last week, the treatment is over.

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood your history of bloating and gases for the last few week, feeling uncomfortable, taking Curacne since January and the treatment is complete.
I would advise you the following:
- Consult your PCPC for evaluation, examination and tests.
Get a course of an antibiotic, Metronidazole, activated charcoal tablets, symptomatic and supportive treatment.
See the results, if you get alright, nothing more needs to ; otherwise you may need further instigation of
stool, urine, blood, ultrasonography, colonoscopy and so on.

I hope this answer helps you