Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’ve been having pain in my left side of my

I’ve been having pain in my left side of my

Patient: I’ve been having pain in my left side of my chest for a few hours along with back pain. I have a low grade fever. I was feeling nausea and weak. And felt like I was having a little bit difficulty breathing and would cough with a little bit of phlegm.

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.I have read your query and understand your concern.You seem to be suffering from any of the following either Bronchitis or a Lower respiratory tract infection.I would advise in such scenario to get a hemogram with ESR and Chest- Xray done. If the Chest Xray and these blood investigations show no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Bronchial Asthma / Bronchitis. Treatment constitutes anti-allergic drugs like Levocetirizine and Montelukast and in severe cases inhalers containing like Salbutamol and Steroid inhaler like Budesonide.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Get well soon.Stay Healthy.