Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Ive been having pelvic pains and after having intercourse

Ive been having pelvic pains and after having intercourse

Patient: Ive been having pelvic pains and after having intercourse the pain got worse. Should i be concerned

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Pain in the pelvic region which increases on intercourse (Dyspareunia) needs to be evalua ted.I would advise you the following:Consult a Gynecologist for clinical evaluation, actual per-vaginal examination, investigations like that of blood, urine and stool, ultrasonography and proper treatment of both the partners.This will get you the proper diagnosis and treatment.The probable causes are PID meaning pelvic inflammatory disease, any problems related to the pelvic organs.I hope this answer helps you.