Ive been having pelvic pains and after having intercourse

Patient : Ive been having pelvic pains and after having intercourse the pain got worse. Should i be concerned
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Pain in the pelvic region which increases on intercourse (Dyspareunia) needs to be evalua ted. I would advise you the following: Consult a Gynecologist for clinical evaluation, actual per-vaginal examination, investigations like that of blood, urine and stool, ultrasonography and proper treatment of both the partners. This will get you the proper diagnosis and treatment. The probable causes are PID meaning pelvic inflammatory disease, any problems related to the pelvic organs. I hope this answer helps you.

Related Q&A

Q: Hi I have been suffering from ache and tingling in my left arm. I get weakness and pain in my forearm when trying t...

Q: I have a pain, an aching pain just below my rib cage on my right side. Gall bladder? No. I have had an ultrasound and...

Q: Please can you let me know if it is safe to use Dolotram 50mg twice a day for a long period of time. I have been on t...

Q: Hi, could you help me diagnose my throat issue please ? I have been suffering with a general anxiety issue for the la...

Q: Wondering what likely cause of pain in back of left arm might be


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon