I've been having severe stabbing pain in the epigastric regi

Q: I've been having severe stabbing pain in the epigastric region on and off for months. I do not notice it immediately after eating but usually several hours later. The pain goes thru to the back and I have an urge to want to vomit but never do. The pain is so severe I need to curl up in fetal position sometimes. Leaning forward on occasion makes it worse. I had gallbladder U/S which was negative. Any ideas?

Symptoms:  Severe epigastric stabbing pain passing thru to the back