Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’ve been having throbbing pain in my legs

I’ve been having throbbing pain in my legs

Patient: I’ve been having throbbing pain in my legs for a few mths and Its getting worse plus I get cold sweats . I’m 48 yrs old and my mother died at 43 from artheoscerosis. T he pains in my legs hurt everyday )all day

Doctor: Hi.To recapitulate: Female/48 – history of Mother dying at the age of 43 due to atherosclerosis- Throbbing pain – dail y – both legs for few months- getting worse and get cold sweats too.The cause of the cold sweats can be age related – hormonal changes.The causes of leg pain have to be found out by color doppler, clinical evaluation by a Doctor, preferably a General Surgeon and get medical or surgical treatment as may be necessary on proper diagnosis.Hope this helps you.