Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Ive been on birth control for 7 months and after

Ive been on birth control for 7 months and after

Patient: Ive been on birth control for 7 months and after taking my pill on tuesday i havent felt myself. i feel depressed and not myself and i dont know what to do? is it the pill?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Birth control pills can present with mood changes sometimes .But severe depression may not be seen with pills alone.Try to rule out other possible causes like psychological stress, disappointment in any issue etc.If no specific cause are found and depression recurs or increases in severity, better to consult your doctor once and get evaluated.Take care.