Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’ve been on birth control since January, I’ve been getting

I’ve been on birth control since January, I’ve been getting

Patient: I’ve been on birth control since January, I’ve been getting my period in the middle of the pack instead of the placebo week, is that normal?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Menstrual irregularities are common while using birth contr ol pills.Sometimes missing the pills or altering the time of intake can lead to intermenstrual bleeding.Avoiding these things can prevent theintermenstrual bleeding.If bleeding persists even after these, you can take the support of antifibrinolytic drugs or an additional dose of hormones to control the bleeding with your doctor’s advice.And possibly your cycles may regularize soon.Take care.