I've been on the Nexplanon implant since July 2013 and

Patient

Q: I've been on the Nexplanon implant since July 2013 and hadn't had a period since November 2013. Back in January my period started up again and has been monthly since. Could my birth control not be working anymore?

Doctor

A:   Hi, Thank you for writing to us.

It is possible that your contraception is not working at the moment. It is not possible to confirm this without an examination or getting the hormone levels checked.

Getting the hormone levels checked will decide if you need to replace the hormones. See a Doctor as soon as possible. Hope this helps you. All the best.