Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’ve been prescribed a cream which i’m not sure about

I’ve been prescribed a cream which i’m not sure about

Patient: I had acne which is now cured but i’ve got alot of scars left, my physician has prescribed unitone 4 advanced cream for the scars but I did some research before I start using it and I found out it’s banned in some countries due to some links to cancer though I haven’t further researched it and now i’m not quiet sure if I should use it..any advice?

Symptoms: Haven’t yet started the treatment

Doctor: Hello. Thanks for your health query on ATD.Do not use this cream. Sometimes, the scars may improve or fade away itse lf. Avoid sunlight, use sunscreen regularly. If you have deep scar they can be cleared by de-abrasion or by LASER.Hope this helps.Good wishes.