I've been running track and racing dirt bikes and have foot pain

Q: I've been running track and racing dirt bikes and recently my foot has been hurting and has been for almost a week it's on the top of my foot and the pain comes and goes and my calf also has been hurting could something be wrong?

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Here are the possible causes of you symptoms:
Ligament injury
Muscle strain

Here are a few things you can try:
Rest the leg. Stop running for some time
Ice the leg for 15 mins at a time every hour
Compress the leg using a crepe bandage
Elevate the leg to get it above heart level to allow blood flow back to the heart
Paracetamol and Ibuprofen will help reduce pain and swelling
Massage and stretching the leg will help reduce the swelling as well

If the pain doesn't stop in 3 days, please see a Doctor.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.