I've been seeing a doctor for my left foot, I

Patient

Q: I've been seeing a doctor for my left foot, I can bear weight but cannot do a full step as when I bend toward my toes I get a lot of pain. They put me in a boot for 4 weeks now (X-rays were fine-no MRI though) and I have an appointment Friday with a podiatrist . Yesterday I started experiencing pain in my right ankle anytime I love it around, with and without pressure added to it. Could this be due to the boot? I've always worn sneakers with it so I was pretty much balanced out. Any ideas of what this is?

Symptoms:  The bone on the right side is a bit red
When I bend my foot to the side to attempt to look at the bone I have 2 weird indents, which doesn't happen with the other foot.
Doctor