Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Ive been sick for about 2 weeks and at first

Ive been sick for about 2 weeks and at first

Patient: Ive been sick for about 2 weeks and at first I thought it was just a common cold but its gotten worse. Ive been coughing to the point where I choke, My nose is really clogged all the time. Im so cold all the time. My eyes hurt when I move them, and I cant stand for more than a minute cause I get so dizzy. Ive also been sleeping A LOT.What should I do??

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.What started as a common cold, progr essed to a lower respiratory tract infection resulting in severe coughing and fatigue!You need to consult your family physician and start on antibiotic therapy. A good choice antibiotic would be Cefixime 200 mg twice daily for 7 days or Cap. Augmentin 625 mg twice daily for 7 days. You also need a good antihistaminic like Levocetirizine 5 mg once daily at bedtime for 2-3 days. This will reduce your nasal stuffiness and the mucus. If the coughing is still persistent after taking Levocetirizine, you can add Syrup Ascoril 2 teaspoons twice daily. This will help in draining the trapped secretions, thereby reducing the coughing.Please do meet your physician before starting any arbitrary treatment.Hope this was helpful,Regards.

View all posts