I've been smoking marijuana every day for the past three-fou

Patient

Q: I've been smoking marijuana every day for the past three-four weeks, I've been experiencing pregnancy symptoms. I recently got put on the shot, before that I was on the pill. I waited a week to have unprotected sex, was that too soon? And how long should I wait to take a pregnancy test? Will the marijuana have an affect on it?

Symptoms:  Possibly pregnancy
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

No contraception method is completely fool proof and you need to understand this. Also, understand that marijuana may be contaminated with metals or with other substances or marijuana itself can induce enzymes in the liver and make contraception less effective.

I cannot say this for sure but this is a possibility. The best thing for you to do now is to see a Gynecologist to check if you are pregnant.

Also, stop taking marijuana to avoid any other side effects or diseases.

Hope this helps you.