Ive been so tired for months now! Out of the

Patient: Ive been so tired for months now! Out of the blie this morning I tested my fasting blood sugar level and it was 164. Should I follow up with mu PCP or can this be a one time phenomenon?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.A FBS of 164 definitely warrants furth er investigation with at least a repeat FBS/PPBS along with a HBA1c count.HBA1c count will help us understand the average blood glucose levels over the past three months, and reject any possibility of sporadic rise in Blood Sugar.Also, get your BP levels checked.Feel free to discuss further.

Patient: How does blood pressure and blood sugar relate? I’m a 30 yr old female with no history of high blood pressure.

Doctor: No, I just wanted you to also check your BP.
Tiredness, fatigue may indicate a high BP. But considering your age, that may not be the case.
Still, get the repeat FBS/PPBS done, HBA1c and follow up.