Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Ive been taking lamictal for awhile now

Ive been taking lamictal for awhile now

Patient: Ive been taking lamictal for awhile now.JJust recently I stopped due to my caseworker not getting back to me and I dont have a med review. Im feeling awkwark. Anxious an lost an blurred vision can it get worst and how?

Doctor: HiThank you for the question.Lamictal (Lamotrigine) is a drug that is approved for the treatment of epilepsy and bipolar disorder. It works as a sodium channel blocker by inhibiting voltage-sensitive sodium channels. It is also thought to inhibit the release of glutamate at various areas throughout the limbic system.Lamictal Withdrawal Symptoms:-Anger- Anxiety- Balance problems-Bipolar symptoms-Concentration problems-Depression.If the problem continues then talk to your Doctor.I hope this will help you. Take care.