I've been taking trinessa tablets for almost five months now

Patient

Q: I've been taking trinessa tablets for almost five months now. This last period was due to start May 18th, and it didn't start until the 21st. I didn't think too much of it. Then I continued to spot after I finished off the green pills, which I should not be bleeding at all after I finish off the pack. I was spotting, very lightly and once maybe twice a day. I did some research and came to the conclusion that the pills might have been causing a hormonal imbalance, so I stopped taking them on June 5th. The day after I stopped taking them, I started bleeding and cramping severely. It's heavier than my normal menstrual bleeding. Do I need to seek a doctor? I have no history of problems with my uterus, and I am 20 years old.

Doctor