I've been waking up with numb arms and hands, making

Patient : I've been waking up with numb arms and hands, making it difficult to form a fist or brush my teeth in the morning. Once I am up and around it usually goes away, with random numbness in the tips of various fingers throughout the day. I presume it is a pinched nerve or a need for a different set of pillows or mattress topper. It has been like this for a week, should I be concerned?
Symptoms:  Numbness in arms, hands, fingers
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Sometimes due to abnormal sleeping positions and uncomfortable mattresses and pillows you can experience such symptoms. Try changing the mattress and pilow and check if you feel better. If not, you will have to consult a physician for an examination to rule out any neuropathy. Vitamin b12 levels and even b6 levels to be checked. Also, drink plenty of fluids. Your calcium and other electrolyte levels have to be checked. You will be evaluated accordingly. Hope this helped. Regards