Ask The Doctor > Pending > I’ve been with my husband for almost three years, married

I’ve been with my husband for almost three years, married

Patient: I’ve been with my husband for almost three years, married one out of those years. About a lil over a month ago I noticed that I might have a yeast infection. I went to doc did no testing cause it seemed like a yeast infection. When I get any kinda infections or issues my body is very quick to tell me. So I treated myself for yeast, well the itching went away and I was still having issues. I was swelling down below it was red and very painful to have sex. And the ordor was terrible. I went to er cause I thought it was something serious, well I had trich!!!! I was outraged!!! Came home told husband and his responds with, well I guess I need meds!!! He never questioned me where it came from… Please help me understand why now was I having symptoms and does this sound like possible cheating?? Please, I can’t even sleep or eat thinking it could be cheating

Symptoms: Had.. Itching, burning, smell painful intercourse

Doctor: