I've been with my partner for 2 years and we

Q: I've been with my partner for 2 years and we have not been able to have sex at all.
He is obese but still smaller then other guys I know that are sexually active, and has a lot of weight around his penis, he can get an erection but not a hard enough one to have sex and his erections don't last very long.
It's a very sore subject and he gets angry when i mention it as he feels bad.
Doctors have told him he needs to lose weight and it will fix itself. But waiting for him to lose weight is taking forever and this is putting a huge strain on our relationship, I want to marry this guy.
Are there any other options or quick fixes while we wait for him to lose weight? Or any thing that can help him lose weight, i'd like him to go to another doctor but he's very against it.
I need some help and advice please.

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

Well it is a very commonly seen problem and concern seen in obese men who have excess abdominal fat and also in the pre-pubic region which causes a pull over the penile skin and often the erection is not achieved due to the same to its maximal extent. Also, obesity per se is a cause of erectile dysfunction which should be talked and worked on by him. The increased amount of fat in the body acts as a store for natural oestrogen's which are consumed with foods and increased fat means increased oestrogen storage, which often bypasses the normal male levels and the concurrent testosterone levels even though normal are rendered ineffective. Testosterone is responsible for erection and hence comparative decrease of testosterone can cause erectile dysfunction in his case.
So it is important that he should be convinced in a manner he understands to work out and exercise to burn calories and eat healthy nutritious diet, keeping away from junk and fast foods. Also to increase the daily intake of water to 5 litres per day.
There are instant erection drugs which are available in the market like Viagra which can help sustain erection for few hours but thats not a solution to the basic cause, which is obesity.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you both good health,