Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Ive got a dry patch of skin on my penis

Ive got a dry patch of skin on my penis

Patient: Ive got a dry patch of skin on my penis and it hurts whrn i try to open or close the skin, i masturbate 4-5 times a week. It my by dry skin but i trued scratching it by nothing, maybe it dry seman by i dont know? Can you help?

Symptoms: Dry foreskin near the head of the penis

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for the query, history and the clear picture.You masturbate 4-5 times in a week.The dry patch is on th e foreskin and obviously will be painful if you move the foreskin as it rolls on.The picture shows that the patch is a healing wound and occurs on the foreskin may be due to trauma caused during masturbation and being continued on as you must have continued with masturbation too.I would suggest you to apply liquid povidone iodine 2 to 4 times a day.Hold masturbation till the wound is healed.Consult a General Surgeon to see the pliability of the foreskin and consider circumcision is required.Hope this helps you.