Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’ve got to have a whipple procedure can u advise

I’ve got to have a whipple procedure can u advise

Patient: I’ve got to gave a whipple procedure can u advise me

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.You have to undergo Whipple’s Procedure.This is done for cancer of the pancreas and inv olves the removal of pancreas and parts of the intestines nearby.This is a curative procedure and you have then to leas an absolutely different life as there will no pancreatic enzymes for digestion of the food.I would advise you to have a proper counselling with the Surgeon, the Dietitian, the Paramedics.Do not worry much, with the advent of the newer technologies, the surgery and post-operative period will be fine.Start getting adjusted to newer life from just now.Wishing you all the best