Ask The Doctor > Pending > I’ve had a CT done on my spine today.

I’ve had a CT done on my spine today.

Patient: I’ve had a CT done on my spine today & I’m trying to understand the results. Transitional vertebra at lumbosacral junction.L3/4 mild broad based posterior disc bulge with minor indentation & posterior displacement of adjacent thecal sac.L4/5, mild disc space narrowing with irregularity & sclerosis of interior end plate of L4. Mild retrolisthesis of L4 on L5. There is noted to be some irregularity of posterosuperior cortex of L5 vertebra. There is a moderate sized central posterior disc protrusion with indentation & posterior displacement of adjacent thecal sac.There is sacralization of L5 with the formation of pseudoarthrosis on both sides between transverse process of L5 & the ala of the sacrum. Degenerative sclerosis is noted with pseudoarthrosis on both sides. There is a developmentally narrow L5/S1 intervertebral disc. The L5/S1 facet joints are hypo plastic

Symptoms: Chronic back pain

Doctor: