I've had a rash/spots on the head of my penis

Patient : I've had a rash/spots on the head of my penis. Color is same as surrounding skin, maybe a bit glittering. It's not itchy or painful. What can it be?
I've had a rash/spots on th...-1
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I have read your query. I have seen the attached image also. As per details, the mos t likely possibility for your symptoms is a condition of skin called Pearly penile Papule. These are absolutely normal structures present on penis. These are just enlarged sebaceous glands. They may appear anytime in life. They are completely asymptomatic structures with no pain or associated itch. These are small skin colored papules present on genitalia. These are harmless and do not require any treatment. They are of cosmetic concern only. You should visit your doctor so that he can examine you clinically. You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps. Take care.

Comments / Follow Ups

Patient: Thank you, doctor! So it does not look like any STD? I don't have any other symptoms like sensitivity while urinating etc.
Doctor: No it does not look like STD to me.
These are most likely Pearly Penile Papules as I mentioned.

Related Q&A

Q: Are you able to look at a photo of my friends lower body - and tell me if you see any worrying skin areas - such as e...

Q: I fave a few small blood blister type bumps on the edge of the head of my penis. Can't figure out what it is called. ...

Q: Hi. I am a 56 yr old female. I went to the doctor because I was having a little discharge, no noticeable odor, (to me...

Q: I have a red patch beneath the penile head under the foreskin, and there is a red spot at the lower end of the penile...

Q: Hi Doctor, I am 37 year old male and I have been in a relationship for 7 years. I had an sti test at the start of the...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon