Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’ve had a rash/spots on the head of my penis

I’ve had a rash/spots on the head of my penis

Patient: I’ve had a rash/spots on the head of my penis. Color is same as surrounding skin, maybe a bit glittering. It’s not itchy or painful. What can it be?

I've had a rash/spots on th...-1

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I have read your query. I have seen the attached image also.As per details, the mos t likely possibility for your symptoms is a condition of skin called Pearly penile Papule. These are absolutely normal structures present on penis. These are just enlarged sebaceous glands.They may appear anytime in life. They are completely asymptomatic structures with no pain or associated itch.These are small skin colored papules present on genitalia. These are harmless and do not require any treatment. They are of cosmetic concern only.You should visit your doctor so that he can examine you clinically. You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps.Take care.

Patient: Thank you, doctor! So it does not look like any STD? I don’t have any other symptoms like sensitivity while urinating etc.

Doctor: No it does not look like STD to me.
These are most likely Pearly Penile Papules as I mentioned.
Thanks