I've had a UTI for a little less than a week.

Q: I've had a UTI for a little less than a week. My doctor prescribed me Sulfamethoxazole-TMP DS Tablets. I don't have the dosage amount, it's not on the bottle. I was supposed to take one tablet in the morning and one tablet at night for 7 days. I had been on it for 6 days, and yesterday I forgot my night dosage. I woke up this morning with uncomfortable and frequent unrination, and just general discomfort. As soon as I could, I took my morning dose, but I still feel the symptoms. Did the infection come back? What should I do?
(I'm 5'2, 140 lbs, 18 years old)

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood your history and concerns.
You are already taking A good combination of Sulphamethoxazole and trimethoprim combination. you have missed only one dose that too the 13 th. This should not ideally cause any problems as you are taking this regularly for 6 days.
The recurrence of uncomfortable and frequent urination on day 7 indicates that you took less water orally or you need additional antibiotic and symptomatic treatment.
Next medicines can be as per the experience of you Doctor treating you or as per the culture and sensitivity report of the urine.
Do not worry, you will be fine.
It is difficult to know whether you are sexually active or not as you have not mentioned this. If you are active, hold on and your partner too needs treatment.
I would advise you to go for or get repeat tests of blood, urine and ultrasonography of the abdomen and pelvis, particularly for genito-urinary system.

I hope this answer helps you.