I've had abdominal pain and diarrhea for the past two days

Patient

Q: I've had abdominal pain and diarrhea for the past two days. I pooped only blood and mucus three times. Should I be concerned?

Doctor

Looks like you have developed an acute dysentery. It could be most likely protozoal in origin. Kindly consult a physician immediately for a stool culture and sensitivity and a routine urine test as well. On receiving the reports, the doctor will have to start you on specific antibiotics. Also, you will need probiotic support and ORS solutions to combat the dehydration and maintain the intestinal flora. Drink plenty of fluids and water. You will be better soon.

Hope this helped.