Ive had an ingrown toe nail for a few months

Q: Ive had an ingrown toe nail for a few months and some points its got to where it looks like it finally's healing but its bad again what should i do thanks again?

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

You have given a classical history of ''ingrowing toe nail''
The following methods may help you:
- File up the upper that the only the middle part of the nail that the thinning of it will elevate the lateral parts of the nail of its bed and the problem may just vanish.
- Surgical excision of the ingrowing part only along with its nail bed from the base and you will be fine as the ingrowing part will not grow back.

I hope this answer helps you to get a permanent cure.