I've had constant nausea for over a month.

Patient

Q: I've had constant nausea for over a month. I can't hardly eat or drink anything. The taste or the smell makes me gag and dry heave. Constant indigestion and moderate to severe, continuous stomach pain. If I am able to swallow anything, I feel full with only a bite or two. Eating always makes the nausea worse. I am also having black, tarry stools. I am weak and tired. I've lost 15 pounds in the past month. I started taking anti-nausea liquid, but vomitted it too. I now take Prilosec and probiotics. What else can I try?

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.

First of all I should make you aware is the seriousness of Black tarry stools. his is the first thing to be investigated fast, the reasons for other symptoms of nausea of 1 month, feeling full even on a small diet, weakness, tiredness will be found.
I am really wary about the loss of 15 lbs in 1 month.

I would advise you the following:
First of all get an appointment of the Gastroenterologist for clinical evaluation, physical examination, Upper GI Endoscopy and colonoscopy, capsule (camera) endoscopy if required. And tests of blood, coagulation profile, liver and other organ functions, ultrasonography to start with and CT scan of the whole abdomen.

These things will help you to get a proper diagnosis and will give guidelines for further management.

I hope this answer helps you to have faster diagnosis and proper management.