I’ve had hip pain for a while with my menstrual

Patient: I’ve had hip pain for a while with my menstrual cycle but now it is radiating down to my thighs and knees. The pain is awful. I’m lying down now with a heating pad after taking Advil and it’s not working. I did not injure myself. My flow is usually heavy. Any ideas what this could be?

Symptoms: Pain

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.The possible causes of hip pain radiating to thighs and kne es are uterine fibroids compressing lower limb nerves, endometriosis involving pelvic organs, pelvic inflammatory disease, sciatica etc.As you are having severe pain, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated.Injectable analgesics can help in relieving pain.By clinical, neurological examinations and by ultrasound the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Take care.