Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I’ve had multiple shoulder issues, including my latest MRI showing

I’ve had multiple shoulder issues, including my latest MRI showing

Patient: I’ve had multiple shoulder issues, including my latest MRI showing thickening and bursitis. I also now have straightening of the cervical lordosis. I work as a bedside nurse for 6 years, am I putting myself at increased risk of future shoulder and neck problems?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Unfortunately you got an occupational hazard, and yes it will only further propentiate your shoulder and neck problems.It would be prudent to meet an orthopaedician who can show you some exercises that you can do on a daily basis and also avoid some postures that can aggravate the condition.Feel free to discuss further.

Patient: Hello, thank you. I have been seeing a physiotherapist, massage therapist and chiropractor for as many years as I’ve been nursing. Would it be safer for me to move to an ambulatory setting versus where I am now, in the emergency department?

Doctor: Yes you can move to the ambulatory setting, it wouldn’t be a problem.