I've had regular periods with cycles of 27 or 28

Q: I've had regular periods with cycles of 27 or 28 days for about 8 months this time my period started a week early and instead of the normal 4 days it lasted 11 days...this was about 10 days ago and I've started again very light. This past Monday night I got really nauseous and threw up then sat night the same thing and earlier today as well felt kind of light headed and had some really sharp stomach pains as well and hot flashes. I'm 27 years old not sure if I should see a doctor and if so general practice or gyno I took multiple pregnancy tests all negative

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

If your previous cycles have been regular and the last menses lasted for 11 days as compared to normal 4 days, with pregnancy test negative then this is more likely to be due to hormonal imbalance possibly caused due to stress induced imbalances which are common during cycles often when the woman undergoes increased stressful situations during the month be it psychological, emotional, social or physical. so if the menses had prolonged and it's been a single episode then one can actually wait and watch for at least 3 months to understand the pattern of bleeding completely or any permanent hormonal changes like decreased oestrogen levels setting in.

Secondly, the bleeding in form of spotting and accompanied lower abdominal ache which are sharp in nature lasting for 2 days after 10 days of end of previous periods could might as well be an ovulation bleed and pain ( MITTELSCHMERZ) which indicates that you may have ovulated during this time. If the pain and bleeding lasts for more than 3-4 days and not relieved by hot fomentation or an NSAID , then you may need to visit your physician especially a gynaecologist to allow complete gyne evaluation with local and per vaginal exam and also an ultrasound pelvis to rule out any organic cause.

I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,